The IUCLID Integration Platform (IIP) from CropLife Europe is a platform to supply additional data import and update services for IUCLID, that the IUCLID native web interface does not supply.
The IIP supports two main use cases:
- Efficient data entry via the IIP interface, supporting copy/paste of tabular data, using business values instead of IUCLID internal UUIDs
- Data import or export in IEF format (IIP Exchange format) for the most relevant IUCLID entities and documents. This format supports data representations close to applicant inhouse systems, where IUCLID internal codes, formatting and identifiers required in I6Z format are unknown.
The processing of the IEF information in the IIP allows a detailed preview of the anticipated operation, comparison with existing IUCLID data down to field level and change of operation prior to the actual execution of the upload of the data. This allow a fine-granular control of every import operation, avoiding incomplete, inconsistent or duplicate data.
Please see the respective two sub pages in the menu above for more details about each main use case.
How does it work?
The IIP uses the supported and documented application programming interface (REST API) to IUCLID, also used by other tools from ECHA and others. Therefore it sees and manipulate the same data as via the native IUCLID web interface which is using a closely related interface.
The core of the IIP is the display and management of arbitrary documents in its own interface, based on the document definition and document data retrieved from the connected IUCLID instance. The IIP is therefore not restricted to specific document types or fields, but will dynamically adapt to IUCLID format changes in future main IUCLID releases, as long as the syntax for data and definitions stays the same. A new IUCLID release will not require the update of the IIP.
Installation and Getting started
- Download and try! You need to download one ZIP, and with the respective rights you can unpack and try this on your local desktop. Provide the connection details to your IUCLID test instance and get started! The user interface should be self-explanatory. A detailed installation and configuration manual can be downloaded via the download page that you receive after registration.
- To get a quick overview of the IIP, please watch the 20min YouTube video (status March 2023), version 1.2.1).
- Make sure to check all the subpages of this page, especially the latest updates.
As with all software supplied by CropLife Europe, please note the License Agreement. Use at own risk!
CLE plans to further extend the IIP. Possible directions of extension are:
- Display enhancements
- Other ways to integrate the IIP (other input formats, background / automatic mode without user interface)
- Data governance tools (e.g. data deduplication, powerful data comparison, also across instances)
- Management console with dashboard for specific KPIs
- Long-term sustainable management of information in IUCLID
- Collaboration support for joint dataset creation
If you have a specific use case in mind, please let us know. Dependent on acceptance and feedback the eSEG group will decide upon future extensions.
As with other CropLife Europe tools, the source code can be requested on demand to collaborate to the development, provided that extensions are made available for the general public again. The CropLife Europe eSEG invites all parties to contribute to and maintain the IIP.