This page is intended to provide up-to date information about the CropLife Europe IUCLID Integration Platform (IIP). The information heavily depends on the feedback of the users of the IIP, so please share your findings:
- Current scope and limitations
- Known and reported bugs (please report bugs to the development team)
- Raised feature requests (please report feature request for essential features)
If you are not sure about your observations, please contact the help desk.
The latest version of the IIP is version 1.1.1
Releasedate: Feb 2nd, 2022
Hotfix release to fix a bug when saving an IUCLID document / opening a document in the IUCLID webfrontend
Releasedate: January 27th, 2022
- Support of server-side installation, in addition to local installation
- Parallel sessions to different IUCLID servers with different accounts possible
- Smaller improvements, e.g. for tabular data editing support of pasting numbers without lower qualifier
- Minor Bugfixes
- Known bugs
- The download link for resources from the admin perspective within the IIP is not correct and will not work. Please download the resources ZIP for the CSV import from the download page on this website.
Releasedate: November 23rd, 2021
This version contains bug fixes and functional enhancements for tabular data editing.
Major functional enhancements:
- Pasting and resolution of all types of references in tables
- Correct display of entries with multiple picklist values selected
- Display of title and data protection information (without justification)
Releasedate: September 29, 2021.
The demo mode of this release is set to “false” by default.
This version contains bug fixes and functional enhancements
Major functional enhancement:
- For CSV-Import of references substances:
- Support of ranges with qualifier within one CSV field.
- Support of references to the global EC inventory, if this has been downloaded and imported into the connected IUCLID installation.
- Ability to edit tabular data in IUCLID documents via copy/paste from selected Worksheet e.g. (Excel) ranges.
- Whole tables or individual rows and columns can be selected and copied into the tables of the selected IUCLID document.
- The entries are transformed to their correct internal representation (e.g. UUID for references, code for picklist values).
- Entries for range and quantities can be supplied in one single cell and are correctly segmented.
- All pasted data is validated prior to saving, and validation errors are visually indicated to support immediate error correction.
- From each displayed document, the IUCLID interface can be launched to verify and complement the data input.
Releasedate: April 30th, 2021.
The demo mode of this release is set to “true” by default.
This version contains two patches:
- Update of the IUCLID connectivity test (previous version reported error in some customer environments, even if the connection was operational)
- Option to accept all HTTPS certificates from IUCLID, in case this certificate is not in a trust-chain or part of the local Java certificate store. This option is false by default. Please see the main page for details on how to activate this option, in case an error of type “Iuclid request failed: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target” occurs when supplying the IUCLID connection information.
Releasedate: April 25th, 2021.
The demo mode of this release is set to “true” by default.
The version contains a patch to correctly upload and compare attachments.
This version has been tested with the prerelease of IUCLID 6 version 5.15.0 – to be officially released on April 28th, 2021 by ECHA; please look at the IUCLID download page for the latest update. If the API or the IUCLID format definitions for the target entities eventually change in future releases, the functionality of this release may break and will need to be updated.
As this is the first release, this version is declared to be a beta testing version. The demo mode is active per default, but can be turned off to use the IIP in productive mode after testing.
Releasedate: April 23rd, 2021
First official release.
Current scope and limitations
The following limitations are known, a fix or extension was out of scope for the latest release:
- The IIP can be operated with an on-prem installation of an IUCLID server where the REST API is accessible. ECHA does not support the REST API in IUCLID instances in the ECHA cloud.
- The IIP has a very similar technical architecture as IUCLID, but without its own database, which is not required. It has been tested with local installations, but can connect with any IUCLID instance that can be access from that machine. An installation on a server is technically possible, but requires a few considerations. Please contact us you want to try this setup.
- If the IIP and the IUCLID instance are in different networks separated by a proxy server, the connection from the IIP to the IUCLID server may fail. In this case, the proxy information has to be supplied as JVM parameters either in the startup scripts of the application server or in its admin consule. This has to be tested individually. Please consult your local IT for details.
- Date fields have to be supplied in the scheme YYYY-MM-DD. When entering information in Excel make sure, that dates are saved in this format. Eventually use the prefix ‘ to force Excel not to automatically change the date format to the local Windows settings.
- The IIP uses 5 parallel threads (processes) to upload the information to IUCLID; and each thread has a timeout of 5 minutes. In case of slow connections to IUCLID and large attachments the timeout may eventually be triggered. Please be so kind to inform us in such a case, we are interested in those real-life examples in different scenarios to eventually make those settings configurable.
- When the IIP detects, that IUCLID has already the respective information (using the value of the “Primary Key” attribute), then the attribute values and the attachments of the entity are replaced. For repeating attributes / attachments, there is no additve update.
- When the IIP detects that IUCLID already has an instance with the same value of the primary key, the values in IUCLID are completely overwritten by the data / attachments in the CSV import.
Tabular data edit:
- For picklists with remarks, only the pasting of the picklist is supported.
- Table cells support pasting, but no keyboard editing or deletion. To delete a cell value, paste an empty value from the clipboard.
- Currently unsupported table columns are greyed out.
Last update: March 3rd, 2022